Why You Should Get a Video Intercom For Your Home
When it comes to home security, it’s never a good idea to take chances of compromise on the quality of the systems you use. We at CCTV Installation Melbourne are a leading security solution company in Melbourne that provides to- notch services to our clients. While we provide customised residential CCTV installations, we offer much more than that. We always recommend to our clients that they opt for video intercom systems.
Modern Video Intercom Systems
While intercoms are not a novelty, technological advances in the field have added a lot of functionality to them such as:
- Wireless functionality
- Live video capabilities
- Hands-free electronic operation
Today these systems play a very important role in protecting your family members, as well as your assets. When you get these systems installed in your home, it takes the guesswork out of knowing who is at the door. This is extremely important especially when someone unexpectedly turns up at your doorstep.
Video Intercoms- The Benefits
The video intercom system allows you to see & hear who is outside your door or gate. It gives you the chance to verify their identity after which you can decide whether you want to let them in or not. However, there are a number of other benefits to getting a video intercom for your house such as:
- Added Layer Of Safety– While a CCTV camera does allows you to view who is outside your gate or door, they dont give you the functionality to interact with that person or people. When you have a video intercom, the 2-way interaction helps you determine whether you want to open the door for the person. If you aren’t 100% sure about the identity of that individual, you can keep yourself out of harm’s way.
- Ease Of Integration– The latest video intercom systems can be integrated perfectly with your access control systems. Depending on where your CCTV security cameras are located, you can stream images from them, to your video intercom.
- Communicate Within Rooms– You also have the option to install multiple video intercoms in different areas of your home. This is a significant benefit especially if you have a very expansive property. Not only does this allow you to communicate with other family members in your home, but also helps you keep an eye on your children.
- Remote Viewing Functionality- Many modern day video intercoms have remote functions. This means you can receive live video feeds from the device to your smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer, from any location in the world.
- Maintain Records– Some advanced systems are also able to capture and store as well as add dates to the images. This means, you have the flexibility to view the footage at any point of time. This can prove to be a great benefit if you were trying to obtain evidence of some unauthorized entry or identify visitors to your property.
If you want to know more about these video intercom systems, just get in touch with CCTV Installation Melbourne today. You can use our contact us form or call us on 03 8609 6092 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.