An effective camera system is a deterrent to thieves, burglars, vandals, and other unsavoury elements from seeking entry into residential premises. CCTV cameras are also installed in homes for internal surveillance, to monitor kids, and to keep a watch on domestic help. We at CCTV Installation Melbourne are well-known for our efficient security system installation solutions offered to various clients.
Things to Consider
You may choose any security system of your choice. However, you benefit by taking care of essential planning while installing it, and here are some pointers:
- Wireless units are the best when you are unsure about where to place CCTV cameras in your home. They give you the flexibility to move them as per your requirements. For example, you can use the device for indoor security, like watching your kids playing in the house while you work. You can move it to the front door when you want to go out over the weekend etc.
- You would position CCTV cameras in different rooms of your house. So, it’s better to attach a name to each camera in your CCTV camera software to avoid confusion in identifying them. You can always rename them by logging into your account. Always give each camera a specific name to indicate its location. In this way, you improve the ease of viewing and managing the system.
- A crucial aspect of the CCTV camera system is the placement of the various cameras. The cameras can be placed anywhere, i.e., indoors and outdoors, up to 100 metres from the base unit. A wireless system provides you with a lot more flexibility to watch many more areas such as yards, pool area, sheds, and other areas that are farther away. While you can use ceiling mounts for indoor cameras, buy kits to mount outdoor cameras.
- When you position the cameras at the height of 7 ft and slant them downwards, you obtain optimum detection. If you have motion tracking cameras, you need to position them still higher and also angle them over a wider area for better detection results.
- The newest camera systems have useful feature-internet connectivity. This function enables you to watch the CCTV feed via a web-connected PC, even if you are away from home.
- Each CCTV camera brand will have specific settings and modes that are customisable. You can manipulate to suit your requirements.
Professional CCTV Installation
While there are numerous CCTV systems that are DIY, there are too many aspects to keep in view while installing them. That’s the only way to get maximum functionality from the devices you have invested in.
It’s best to hire professionals to handle the installation and set-up for you. If you want to know more about our commercial and residential CCTV camera installation services, get in touch with CCTV Installation Melbourne today. You can use our contact us form or call us on 03 8609 6092, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.